Monday, October 24, 2011

"Queen, It's a New Day"

For 105 homeless women Monday October 24, 2011 was indeed a NEW DAY! I was so excited to once again volunteer massage during the ladies makeovers. This year was extremely special because it marked the 1st annual Gala and Auction. Judy Hoff, the founder of Queen, really outdid herself this year. This amazing woman and pastor, has put alot of her time and effort into making this event a huge success. I have had the honor of volunteering for this organization for 4 years now, and I enjoy making it a part of my platform; "Massage on a Mission". This year, however, I was also able to wear my sash and crown as Mrs. Snohomish County and hand out roses and hugs to the Queens at the end of the evening. It was so touching for me to have worked on these women and then watch the transformation from earlier in the day to the evening events where the women were dressed in their fabulous new clothing and looked amazing with their new hair and makeup. I appreciated our current Mrs. Washington, Lisa Bluhm, Mrs. Washington 2009, Elizabeth Larsen and Mrs. Seattle, Tamara DePorter for also attending the event. I know it made the ladies feel special to have pageant queens remind them that they are the real queens that evening.





For more information please visit www.queenitsanewday.org

No comments:

Post a Comment