Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Live well with a chronic condition, I'll show you how!

I am a credentialed medical provider for Group Health so I see alot of patients who are Group Health members. I heard about this program through one of my clients who was helped tremendously by it. I was moved to volunteer my time by teaching a 6 week class for Group Health called "Living Well With Chronic Conditions".

Two specially trained volunteers lead the workshops, at least one of whom has a chronic condition. Participants are encouraged to attend these workshops with a partner or caregiver.

These six-week in-person, group workshops help people learn how to manage their chronic conditions and improve their quality of life. Participants learn to improve their health one step at a time by setting goals and then breaking the goals into small steps, week by week. Workshop participants support each other and work together to solve their problems.

I have been so blessed by leading these workshops. The people I have met have been so inspiring. It has not only been educational for them, but for me as well.

More information is available at http://www.ghc.org/healthAndWellness/index.jhtml

No comments:

Post a Comment