Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Meal for the City!





At Journey Church we are in the heart of downtown Everett. We are so blessed with our location because we have an opportunity to reach out to the many homeless and less advantaged that walk right past our front door every day. Last year we were only in our location for 2 months before Thanksgiving and our Pastors decided we needed to provide a meal for the city. With very little time to prepare, our church body banned together and produced a meal that fed over 70 people. I was honored to help out with all the decorations, table settings, and center pieces. It was amazing to see the Lord work through our church and help others have a traditional Thanksgiving meal that would not have otherwise. This year, I did the decor again and was there tonight preparing the tables and dining area to make it feel like home for those that may not have a home. This was my first volunteer opportunity as the newly crowned Mrs. Washington. It was very special to me. My sweet daughter Avery came with me and was a tremendous help! She not only helped with the decorations but she helped entertain the little ones while the adults finished up getting things ready. I am so blessed by my church family! I am excited to see the turnout tomorrow night and hopefully speak to others about the Lord as well as enjoy fellowship with new folks. It's going to be a fantastic evening! For more information visit http://www.joininthejourney.com/event/2011-11-23-thanksgiving-meal-for-the-city/

No comments:

Post a Comment